CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dropped off the face of blogging world!

I thought I would make an effort to update our family blog the past couple of months and each time I would would even think about it I got REALLY overwhelmed! So much has gone on since JANUARY! What a slacker I am... for real:) I know that I can't possibly remember all the things I was meaning to post but here is a quick over view since January.... So I can be caught up! Note: this is a LONG one... I really wrote it for my benefit:) Dont feel like you need to read it all:)
JANUARY
20th - Jed's 26th birthday- Dinner date and then cake with the family.
23rd - Coopers' 3rd Birthday!!- = 3 parties. First we had a lunch party with his preschool friends ( Ashlyn Read and Trey Broadbent) we had a TRANSFORMERS theme, played pin the tail on the donkey, ate "Happy Meals" and had a "Bumblebee cake". Second we had Coopers favorite dinner PIZZA...with me, Jed, Clara, and Aunt Bridgette then we went to Boondocks and played games and won lots of candy and dinosaures. We came back home and opened presents Cooper got a Power Ranger costum, Spiderman play set, clothes, and shoes. Third we had the Davis family bday party for Jed, Cooper, Lillia( in UT) and Hazel at my house and we had brownie sundaes and opened presents. It was a lot of fun and a lot of celebrating!
FEBRUARY
5th- our 4 year wedding anniversary- we had to celebrate the Friday after because Jed had school that night:( But we went to a yummy dinner at Cafe de Paris (one of our FAVORITE restaurants)! And had Chocolate Mousse for dessert!
10th- My 26th bday! This week I was volunteering with Special Olympics. Jed was at school again that night so I decided to volunteer that night at the hotel and I had the best bday surprise ever! We had the Floor Hocky teams from Russia, Uruguay, Sweden, and Katzakstan staying in the hotel and my mom bought a huge cake and we all partied it up with cake and singing and each country sang to me in their language! It was such a great experience. I seriously had the best night and most memorable birthdays! Then we all jumped in the pool and didnt get home til 1030! Cooper was exhausted but it was worth the grumpy kid:)
14th- By Valentines day we are sooo over celebrating so we made a spaghetti dinner in and had a family valentines:) Flowers and candy as usual and then popped in a movie and enjoyed:)
21st- we drove out to Givens Hot Springs! Cooper loves to swim and we really wanted to take Clara for her 1st swim:) It was fun .... the pool was nice but holy cow those bathrooms/ changing rooms were like something out of a horror movie.... YUCK! The kids loved it and were exhausted when we left... the ride home was very nice and quiet:)
March- was pretty usual ... we didnt have anyhthing we HAD to do or celebrate ( thank goodness). we made a couple trips to Swan Falls... to hike and take pictures and then just worked on gettign the back yard ready to enjoy this spring and summer. Jed built me some garden boxes.... really thats about it.
April -
4th- Cooper started soccer... i was sooo excited! His 1st team sport:) Cooper and Trey were on the same team ( Capitals- TIGERS) the first day was miserable! it was sooo cold and windy Cooper did not want anything to do with soccer ever again! But we went back week after week and he liked it a lot. He still wanted to pick up the ball when it didnt go where he intended it to and wanted to kick over the cones any chance he got but we had a good time watching him!
5TH- Confrence was great as usual... we learned a lot and enjoyed "church on tv" as Coop would call it.
10th- We had Easter perschool and dyed eggs with Caitlyn and Ashlyn... we made some beautiful eggs!
11th- Our niece Allysa came to Boise (from UT) to get baptised! I cant believe she is 8 already!! It was a lot of fun to get the whole Davis fam together to celebrate her baptism. We are all very proud of that sweet girlie.
12th- EASTER... Coop and Clara got a trampoline! and then had to find their Easter baskets following the egg trail from their bedrooms to the trampoline with thier treats from the bunny on it. Went to church with the Davis family- had an easter egg hunt and played outside it was a beautiful day. Then we had dinner at Aunt Connies house which is ALWAYS delicious!! It was fun to see GG and Gpa again ( my grandparents - they come back from Arizona every year around Easter). It was a good day!
16th- Aunt Bridgette turned 25! I love my sister she is just beautiful! We had a family bday dinner at my parents house. Olive Garden at home... YUM!
May
2nd- We had a going away party for our friend Phil, he is off to boot camp! I am so proud of him and know that his family will be blessed! It was fun we had smores and just hung out (super low key)!
10th- Mothers day! I woke up to a CLEAN house... a great breakfast and then off to church. We had a quick lunch at the Davis house and then we were on our way to Aunt Connies. We had a great bbq and swimming the rest of the day. Cooper was CRAZY he is made to swim:) He was doing 360s off the diving board and swimming with his head under water! That kid is crazy! Clara is a water baby too... no dunking yet but she loved to splash and kick. too cute! I am just feeling so blessed to have such wonderful women in my life~
This should catch me up for a while!

Pictures are next...

2 comments:

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

wow you realy did catch up. good for you!

Brandon & Amber said...

Holy Cow it was about time! Just kidding friend! We need to get together!!